Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Paint and brush" the bricks at office ..!!!!



Guys and Gals,


First of all I would like to say this write-up may sound extreemely silly to few of you out there, For a very simple reason that this is just a piece of my happy moment and all it includes is only a paint and a brush.I am sorry if this disappoints you.


It was like any other normal day, as usual woke up late in the morning (as I work in shifts)and my eyes were shocked to see the clock that was displaying time as 10 A.M. I rubbed my eyes hard, hoping that I might have seen the wrong time on the clock and I may have few more hours to sleep.(I am a lazy bug ) But time doesn’t wait for me..It was really five mins past 10 AM and I had to make myself available at the cab pick up point at 11A.M sharp.So one more hour to go!!!!!!! I had to be fast.


There  I put, the Music on, at a high volume.I luv getting ready with  some of my fav songs  on) and  then its  Brush Brush Brush !!! Morning Shower  made  me fresh,all ready  for a New Day.Then its Dress up  !!!!  Its fun to pull out clothes out  of  my  messy wadrobe (For me its not to look my best  or not to fit into a perfect outfit  to office but I just dress up the way I feel happy.I found a  tee and then grabbed a jeans …Was ready in a go… combed my hair !!! Breakfast (I hate to eat  as I stay away from home ,the food  I eat always makes me miss my mom)  So Breakfast will be the only thing that I can keep as an option to skip among all  other morning activities…So its always at the end, I don’t mind skipping my breakfast if its too late.


I made it to the  cab on time and reached my office …Walk towards my tower from the gate is not very short.On my way towards my tower I noticed few painters  painting the  bricks that was kept as an edge across the greenary…They were painting it yellow to all the bricks and then they painted the alternate bricks black so that it looked like the yellow-black combo.I always had an urge to paint(not on the sheet of paper which we usually do during our school days) but on the walls like the real professional wall-painters.Never got a chance .The moment  I saw them, I wanted to join them and do it ,but my friend refused as we were employees. I went to my ODC being disappointed.  


Work kept me busy and engaged. I forgot my eagerness  to paint.It was time for lunch…..I had to go to cafeteria and again I could see these painters doing their job sincerely in the hot sun..This time they had almost completed close to half …But I could notice the pending half left for painting and was wondering If I could get a chance.In between the crowded  employees  I could hardly do it..I was willing to paint but my friend  said “If it was college I would have asked them to give u a chance,But since we are professional employees here ,you better not do this” .


I had my lunch with my buddies and then got stuck up with work again.The same evening my colleague got a call to collect a courier near the gate.I joined my colleague but my intention was mainly to watch these painters and try to grab a chance..On the way towards  the gate I could see three-fourth of painting was done.We went and collected the courier .On our way back I could not resist requesting myself for the paint brush from them.My colleague stood a far off from me, waiting for me  as she found it embarrassing  … I dint give a damn to people who were passing by..I jus was eager to paint ..thats all I knew. I requested the painter  “Can I please paint a little?” .He smiled at me and handed the paint brush and paint to me .I started to paint a block ( among many blocks of bricks).The painter was standing next to me and still smiling.I was too happy to sit and paint.People who were passing by just grinned at me .I continued to paint.Dint realize it until my colleague standing far away screamed “Hey gal !!!!! Have any plans to continue ur work in IT?, If so, then lets go to ODC.Come soon.”Once I completed painting  the entire block with yellow colour I gave the paint brush back in his hands and said a big “Thank you” with a lovely smile .




I completed painting  the entire block with yellow colour and u wont believe how HAPPY I was the entire Day !!!! This  may sound insane as painting jus a little is no biggggggg deal at all but the entire day I had a smile on my face and I could feel the joy from within me.Its just a tiny thing to feel too happy for.May be that’s why we say “Do what you love to do, as it can give u the kind of happiness  that u can feel”.All such small kind of joy means a lot to me anytime anyday. Thanks to the painter who gave me a chance. Never forget that there is  a life behind the busy schedule of attending phone calls and meetings , Give time for yourself  to do things that u love, as life comes only once ,live it to the fullest.

2 comments:

I am eager to listen to what you want to say :)