Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Thoughts that flow !!

      My thoughts reflect the past, my thoughts witness my present and at times tiny little hopes of future are captured.

                I am a day dreamer big time. I can sit for hours together doing nothing but only get so lost in my own thoughts. Sometimes I do wish I would have used this time in something fruitful then I answer myself “I don’t have to rule the world now, so it’s OK”.

                My early morning takes my thoughts for a walk through my memory lane. Every morning I go for a walk to a park nearby. This practice started just to give my mornings a fresh start watching nature and to feel the morning breeze. A light music, my favorite shoes and a jacket, hands in my pocket and there I go. I have to walk a little distance to reach the park. I have to cross few lanes of big and small houses as well. Few things that I observe daily is I see a lady splashing water in front of her house door when I go for a walk and by the time I finish my rounds in the park and return back, beautiful design of “Rangoli” would be ready to welcome in front of the door. My thoughts just took me to my past where my granny did the same and we little ones would stand next to her and watch in excitement. She would do it so perfect and fast. As I walk further I see a young boy (probably in his 12- 16 years age) who stops his cycle at every house he crosses , picks up a news paper from the bunch at his cycle basket and throws it in front of every house. Trust me; I always make sure I don’t miss watching him as he throws newspaper to first floor, second floor and also third floor standing in the same position of the road. The newspaper rolls high up in the sky and falls perfect. “Dude, you can be a basketball champ” my thoughts said to me when I watched him. His throw never gets missed every day. My thoughts reminded me of a friend who had once told me “I don’t care that I am going through a bad time because I come from a background where I have lived my life as a newspaper boy. So today if I am kicked out of my job I am bold enough to lead my life independently finding a new way”. This thought made me smile. I continue my walk and I see a shopkeeper opens his tiny shop every day morning. Keeps few racks of groceries outside the shop, makes ready a small bench for customers, hangs few magazines in front of the shop. My thoughts took me to my childhood days where my uncle who owned a shop used to do this every morning. I used to visit him only on summer vacations. He did make me and my cousins sit in the shop. All we had to do was know the price, collect the money and return proper change and give them what they asked. I entered the park and I see old couple walking in the park, few young folks running and little exercise. Adding on, I do see few little kids who come to the park early morning to play see saw, swing. I see the joy and excitement in every kids face when the swing and see-saw goes up and down. My thoughts reflected my past where me and my sister used to finish our homework real fast just to join our friends at the park to play the swing.

                I finish my walk, continue my daily routine and off I go to office. I always prefer a window seat when I travel in the bus. Because I always love to observe the world around me. I see a group of little kids with uniform playing on the road side while their parents are holding their school bags waiting for the school bus. They were playing some game clapping their hands. My thoughts took me down the memory lane of my school days where we sang rhyming words and clapped our hands. I did try to recollect the words fully and realized I have forgotten few words. My bus stopped being stuck at traffic and my thoughts started waving around my present routine of office,cooking,meetings to attend etc.To see positive  side of my present I took my thoughts to my favorite books awaiting in my bookshelf that I would continue  to read, movie that’s planned for weekend. The bus started moving slowly by then and there I see a beautiful young couple who held their hand. The guy asked the girl to stand after him and then carefully looked around and crossed the door holding her hand tight. My thoughts went into my future. I don’t stop my thoughts when it shows me hopes of future (which may or may not happen). I let my thoughts swim. By now the bus had started moving on the flyover and the morning breeze near the window seat brushed my face, I tilted my head slightly towards right and my eyes closed. My thoughts continued to swim into future.

      I looked into his eyes and he smiled at me, I put my hand on his head and brushed his hair and he smiled again. He puts an arm around my shoulder and kisses my cheeks. I blush. He pulls me towards him and cuddles me in his arms. I feel safe forever. I feel I have the whole world with me. After being in his arms to my heart’s content I rest my head on his shoulder. He kisses my forehead. I feel I am the happiest person. Suddenly I feel the jerk and my head is hurt. My thought of future now brings me to present. I was in the bus and the last stop had arrived. I get down and my final thought says “Whoever you are and wherever you are, though I am unsure of your existence and unsure that you are on the way to reach me, I will hold you tight in my thoughts forever”. 

13 comments:

  1. I have come to a strange conclusion that the bits and pieces of life are more important than the whole. Enjoy the journey I say with or without a dream companion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree on that... Life is too short to wait for a companion and block today's journey. I have always enjoyed my journey so far and would continue the same. Thanks a lot for the visit :)

      Delete
    2. There are enough interactions that happen within the bodies. And that you need to observe with closed eyes :)

      Delete
  2. Awww such a cute last para! I wish your dream comes true sooner and you feel safe in his arms forever :) I love the blog. I love the way you have written it, I love the way you have observed every little thing. And guess what? I follow newspaper guys during my morning runs I just can't stop marveling how they never, never miss even once!!

    Thoughts - A world of your own, a world so surreal. A box that stores your past, a treasure that makes you smile. A pandora box that could give you shivers. We are what we think, our life is what we had thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Writer :) Those words really mean a lot to me! Its always an unknown future but hopes and dreams of tomorrow keeps everyone going.
      Yes, Newspaper guys and their never missing shots makes me wonder too! I feel happy when i watch them.
      And those lines about thoughts really made me speechless .. Thanks a bunch :)

      Delete
    2. You are welcome and you are an amazing writer. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. ... Good one NK...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you all the best...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete

I am eager to listen to what you want to say :)