Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Veil




Those eyes as beautiful as glittering star.
Those eyes were only what you could see
The veil hid everything else
The hair, the ears, nose, lips.

There hid something else behind the veil
I dumped all my feelings and emotions behind the veil
There was a secret that wasn’t supposed to be revealed
To this dark world

Each time I passed by you, my eyes did the talks.
Those eyes as dark as a sky with no moon light
Those eyes as sharp as bright sun
Those eyes which had no tears left

My eyes said to you, “I don’t belong to the world of love”
You continued to follow me with smile
I never removed the veil
I never let you see the real me

My thoughts were bombarding to seek revenge
Revenge of letting me alone in this world
I wanted the blood to flow again
This time it was blood of anger

Years ago,
My curly hair would always be open letting the breeze blow it
My lips would never miss to expand with smile
My ears would have the prettiest earrings which every girl would envy

But one day when I returned home
It was floor of blood
Blood of all my loved ones
No one alive, for no mistake they did
I was all alone with no one in this world
That day, I covered my face with the veil
And started running, I never looked back
I never looked at the world again without this veil.

This day, this moment the floor is filled with blood again
You are on the floor crying hard exactly like how I did years ago
Blood of your loved ones are flowing covering the whole floor
Your hands are shivering, so did mine years ago
But your family showed no mercy to me years ago.

Now that my heart is content with revenge,
And I am lying down on the floor with my flowing blood.
Your eyes meets my eyes again and this time there is no smile on your face
You look at my eyes surprised
I remove my veil and you see my face
I look at you and smile
And that is my last breath!

















4 comments:

  1. Not a good judge of poetry, but the recursive way of writing was brilliant. too dark and heart touching. Loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Vineet :) Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will keep on submitting new articles or blog posts & thank you for sharing your great experience with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete

I am eager to listen to what you want to say :)